We made some key changes to the Sitecore Connector in version 1.3 so to upgrade from an earlier version, you will need to follow some additional steps.
1) In the Sitecore Content Editor, navigate to System > Modules > Smartling Connector and copy the Callback Token value. Store it somewhere safe.
2) Generate Smartling API v2 Credentials for your Sitecore project. Follow these instructions and save your User Identifier and Token Secret.
3) You need to update your database schema for version 1.3. Connect to your database via your preferred tool and run the following script:
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON GO ALTER TABLE [dbo].[TranslationQueue] ADD [LastModified] [datetime] GO UPDATE [dbo].[TranslationQueue] SET [LastModified] = 0 GO ALTER TABLE [dbo].[TranslationQueue] ALTER COLUMN [LastModified] [datetime] NOT NULL GO
If you don't know your database endpoint, you can find it in your Sitecore configuration at /Website/App_Config/ConnectionStrings.config. The database endpoint is in the SitecoreLocalization entry.
You can now upload and install the new 1.3 packages. Be sure to install all packages before you continue with the configuration.
1) Open the Sitecore Content Editor, navigate to Systems > Settings > Validation Rules > Field Rules > System and delete the SitecoreLocalizationApiKey entry.
2) Update your Smartling Configuration profiles.
- Navigate to System > Modules > Smartling Connector > Context and update your Server URL.
- Go to each of your Profiles under System > Modules > Smartling Connector > Profiles and update your project details, including your User Identifier and Token Secret.
3) Go to System > Modules > Smartling Connector > Callback and paste in your saved Callback Token value.
The Sitecore connector should be ready to continue translation.