The Wordpress Connector is available to sites managed via WP Engine. Follow the steps below to instal and configure the Connector.
Create and configure a site to WP engine
(1) From WP Engine, in the Installs field, click Add install
(2) Complete the form and select Multisite.
The install will take several minutes.
(3) Now login to WordPress and navigate to My Sites > Network Admin > Dashboard.
(4) Install the following plugins
- Multilingual Press
- WP Crontrol
- Smartling Connector
Configure Multilingual Press and creating translated sites.
(1) Navigate to My Sites > Network Admin > Sites and edit your primary site.
(2) Go to the MultilingualPress tab, choose your default language and save.
(3) For each language:
- Click create site
- Complete the form and select the main site
Note: If you want to set up subdomains you will need to contact customer support.
Configuring WP Crontrol
(1) Edit your wp-config file and add the line:
(2) Return to your main site Dashboard and navigate to Tools > Crontrol
(3) Locate smartling_cron_task
(4) In the field Event schedule select the desired interval and save.
(5) If you want to save your interval, go to Settings > Cron Schedules
Complete the form and save.