Smartling's AEM Touch Connector allows you to submit content for translation and automatically download the content to Adobe AEM once translations are complete. It also provides dynamic context for your content so that Translators can see how each string will fit into your translated sites.
Once the connector is installed, you can manage your translations through Adobe Experience Manager's translation projects.
Create and configure the Smartling Cloud Service
- Under Cloud Services, find the Smartling service and click Configure now.
- Create a new Cloud Configuration.
- Click Edit and enter your Project ID and a Smartling API v2 User Identifier and User Secret. See Authentication for instructions on creating API credentials.
The AEM Touch Connector uses a Smartling ProjectId and ApiKey for connecting to the Smartling Context service. Only one Adobe instance can provide context to each Smartling project. If you need to use context on multiple CQ instances (for example, development, quality assurance and/or staging servers), use a different Smartling ProjectId + ApiKey for each. This only applies for providing context and doesn't limit uploading content from different CQ instances into single Smartling project.
Note: We do not currently support providing context over an HTTPS connection. Your Server URL must begin with 'http://'.
The Smartling Context configuration includes following settings:
- Server URL - the domain name of your author server
- User - the AEM account name that should be used for capturing context. You can use an account with read-only or limited permissions
To configure context:
- In the Web console, open Components (/system/console/configMgr)
- Find the context component “Smartling - Context Preview Settings”. No defaults are provided. An AEM Administrator must explicitly configure the Context Preview Settings.
To fully disable Context, use the “Smartling - Context Connection Manager” component and uncheck Enabled:
Context is enabled by default.
Configure String Sharing
By default, Smartling will treat strings as being unique to each page - that is, if identical strings are included on multiple pages, Smartling will capture the string for translation each time. This gives you flexibility to translate a string differently for different context or space requirements. If you want your pages to share strings - to capture a string only once for your whole site and duplicate the translation wherever that string appears, you can enable string sharing by navigating to the Smartling - String Duplicates Processor component and unchecking Send page content with variants.
If you are using a proxy with your AEM instance you may need to do some additional configuration, depending on how your Proxy is set up.
Standard Java Proxy
If you start your AEM instance using a standard java https.* proxy, as documented here, Smartling will automatically pick up your proxy settings and work with them. However, we do not support authentication with this method. If you require authentication with a username/password, consider setting up your proxy inside your AEM configuration.
Proxy configured from AEM
If you have set up your proxy from the AEM Web Console, you can add your proxy details to the Smartling - Network Settings entry in the console. Specify the host and port for the proxy and, if required, authorization credentials.