Translation Resources have several options for filtering strings in the list view:
(1) Filter by Translation Stage
- In Progress: Content that has been authorized but not yet published.
- Completed: Content that has been published.
(2) Filter by status
- Not Translated: Displays all strings that have no translation saved.
- Translated: Displays all strings that have a translation saved.
- Unresolved issues: Displays all strings that still have open issues or questions.
(3) Filter by workflow/step
Allows you to show only strings belonging to a workflow or steps within a workflow. You can select a whole workflow with a checkbox, or any number of individual steps. Your Workflow filter will only show steps to which the Account Owner has given you access.
Note: If your project has only one workflow, you will see a simplified drop-down filter showing the steps of your workflow.
(4) History Search
Search for strings by their history. Select an action, a date range and, optionally, a user, to find matching strings. For example, this search returns all strings assigned by the user 'Account Owner' in the last 7 days.
(5) Keyword Search
Search both original source string and translations for keywords. Smartling searches are not case sensitive and do not support search operators.
(6) Filter by string properties
Click the down arrow next to the keyword search.
- URL: Filter by URL to find content within a particular file or from a particular link on your website. When using the URL filter, Smartling may display search results from other URLs if that content is shared. In a GDN project, Smartling associates the first URL from which content is captured with that string. If the same string appears on other URLs (e.g. navigation) it will only be associated with one single URL. For Files projects, URLs may be the file name or may be the name of the image context file if one has been applied.
- Files: Search for all strings belonging to a particular file. This filter works similarly to the URL search, but will always show all strings belonging to a particular file, even if image context has caused the strings to have different URLs.
- Variant: If the string is a variant use String Context to look up the Translations by variant or key metadata.
- Job: Find strings that are part of a specific Job or have no Job assigned.
- Active/Inactive strings: Show strings which are active, inactive or both.
- Search by Domain: If you have multiple domains setup in your project, filter content by domain.
- Search by Tag: Filter for translations by tags.