The following article applies to Global Delivery Network, Application Resource File, Business Document, and CMS Connector project types.
Once an account owner has authorized content for you to assign, Smartling gives you different options to manage strings throughout their workflow stages in the Smartling Dashboard: In Progress, Translation Memory.
To manage strings:
(1) From the list view, use the Search and Filter options to find the strings you wish to manage.
(2) Select Strings
There are three ways of selecting strings in a project:
(a) To select single strings click the check box to the left of a string.
(b) To select all strings in a file click the check box to the left of the file name.
(c) To select all strings within your filter click the check box to the left of the actions menu.
The List View displays a maximum of 100 strings at a time. To ensure that you select all strings within your filter or project, scroll down to the bottom of the project.
(3) Apply an action
From the Actions menu, select the action you would like to apply to the selected strings.
Available actions will differ, depending on the project type, and what strings are selected. Possible actions include:
Add Translator Instruction
- Add instructions for the translator on a per-string basis.
- Instructions will be displayed to the Translator both in the In Progress and Translation Interface view.
- Assign a Translation Resource to the selected string.
- Return strings to the previous Workflow step.
Submit to Next Step
- Submit strings to the next Workflow step.
- Remove any Translation Resource assignment from the selected strings.