The following article applies to Global Delivery Network, Application Resource File, Business Document, and CMS Connector project types.
Smartling gives Account Owners the ability to add and delete languages in a project.
To add a language:
(1) From the Content summary screen, Click Add language
(2) In the Add Language Dialog box, select:
- The Language you want to add.
- A Style guide from your style guide library.
- A Default Translation Workflow for authorized content in the new language.
- The Authorization type:
- Authorize all active string: all strings already active in the project will be authorized for translation
- Synchronize with a language: use this option if you'd like to authorize the same strings authorized in another language (and have the option to select a language)
- I'll decide later: the strings will be added to your awaiting authorization queue, where you'll be able to authorize them manually
- Sync Exclusions With - Use this option to exclude strings for the new language based on excluded strings in another. This option is only available if you have chosen Synchronize with a language, above.
(3) Click Add.
You can manage workflow settings for the new language at Project Settings > Workflow Settings
To delete a language:
From the Summary screen, mouseover to the right of the language you wish to delete and click X.
Once you've deleted a language:
- Published websites through the GDN will go offline.
- You will no longer be able to download translated files in the deleted language.
- Translations from the deleted language will no longer be counted towards your Words Under Management and your total will decrease.
- Translations already completed in the deleted language will remain available in the Translation Memory and can be leveraged by other projects that share the same Translation Memory.
- Translations are not permanently lost. You can add the language back to the project at any time using Add Languages from the summary screen. Strings from the re-added language will return to whatever Workflow step they were in at the time they were deleted.
To edit a language:
From the Summary screen, mouseover to the right of the language you want to edit and click the pencil icon.