This article applies to Global Delivery Network, Application Resource File, Business Document, and CMS Connector project types.
By default, Smartling does not allow you to manage leading or trailing spaces manually between target fields and, in a few cases and depending on the formatting, it creates unnecessary spaces.
Smartling does allow you to leave a target field empty, but warns you first.
If you wish to manage spaces manually between target fields:
- In the Translation Interface, go to the Code View tab
- Select Manually manage spaces between translation fields to add or delete leading spaces.
- Use the code view to see where space appears and check that spacing is appropriate at the beginning and end of each field.
- If you reorder a segment, the system automatically switches over to the manual space management.
- When you save a string for which you have enabled manual space management it cannot be undone the next time you edit the string.