This article is for Account Owners and Project Managers.
In Smartling, you can upload your resource files for translation, individually, or multiple files at one time.
To upload a file:
- Go to Projects > Content > Files.
- Click Upload File. You can also drag and drop files directly onto the page.
- The String Authorization dialog box will appear. Select from the following drop down options:
- I'll decide later
- Authorize for all languages
- Authorize for selected languages
- Click Confirm.
If there's an issue while uploading your file, you'll see an error message with one of these potential reasons:
- Ambiguous file type: Smartling analyzes the file and attempts to determine the type, but you may need to set the file type manually.
- A file with the same name already exists: You have the option to overwrite the existing file or cancel the upload.
- The file type is not supported: You can find Smartling’s supported file types here.