This article is for Account Owners and Project Managers.
Adding translated files to Smartling allows you to centralize localization activity in the dashboard. Once the translated file is added to Smartling, you can easily manage and leverage existing translations, or create new translations for the same content without having to worry about version control or manually updating your translation memory.
To upload translated files to Smartling:
- Go to Content > Files.
- If the file already exists in Smartling, click the file name. (If the file doesn't exist in Smartling, upload the file for translation, then return to step 3.)
- Click the more icon that corresponds to the language for which you are uploading translations, and select Import Translations.
- The Import Translation dialog with show. Click Browse to select a file.
- Select an option from the Workflow drop down menu:
- Choose First Revision Step if you want to have these translations reviewed by translators.
- Choose Published to bypass translators, sending this content to the Published queue.
Note: Strings will be routed to the default workflow configured in the project for each language.
- Select Overwrite existing translations if you would like the translations in this file to update existing entries in your translation database.
- Click Import.
Your translations are successfully imported into Smartling if there is a success confirmation message.
If there is an error message, it may be the result of one or more of these disagreements:
- Placeholder mismatch
- Inconsistent file directives
- Different key/value pairs
Once these disagreements are resolved, you can re-import the translated file using the steps above.