This article is for Account Owners and Project Managers.
Add a Workflow Step
Add revision steps by clicking +. Select the step type, add a name, and set the properties for the step.
- Content Assignment: If set to ‘ON’ each string must be assigned to a specific translation resource. If set to ‘OFF’, any resource with access to this step can work on any string.
- Primary Action: For revision steps, the primary action is either edit (or review). This can be used for invoicing and also affects where SmartMatched strings enter the workflow.
- Resources can revise content: If checked, translation resources can edit the translation. Checking Automatically submit edits by resources will cause strings to proceed to the next workflow step when a translation resource saves an edit.
- Resources can reject content to: If set, translation resources on revision steps will be able to return content to a previous step.
- Resources can Reject and Edit Published Content: If checked, translation resources assigned to this step will also be able to edit or reject published strings from this workflow.
- Re-publish all translation: You can choose to pre-publish translations when translations are submitted to the next workflow step, or when translations are saved.
Pre-translation steps and Workflow Holds are special steps that pause the flow of content. Strings are held in the step until a Project Manager or Account Owner moves them forward. For example, you may want to use a pre-translation step if you know want to translate the content, but want to estimate costs before moving all strings into translation. A Workflow Hold can be useful before the publishing step if you want to wait until all your content is translated, and publish everything at once.
Reorder Workflow Steps
Your current workflow might look something like this: Translation -> Edit -> Internal Review -> Publish, however, you might want to rearrange the order to: Translation -> Internal Review -> Edit -> Published.
To reorder workflow steps:
- Go to Projects (select the project) > Project Settings > Translation Workflow.
- Hover over the step that you would like to move until the move arrows icon appear.
- Click and drag that step to its new place in the workflow.
You cannot move the Translation or Published steps, or a pre-translation Hold step. As well, when you reorder a workflow step, it's always best to inform all Translation Resources of the changes made.
Remove a Workflow Step
- To allow translation resources to reject published strings:
- Edit the published step of the workflow.
- Check Resources can reject content to and select the workflow step that you want the rejected content to be returned to. Only resources assigned to a step with the Resources Can Reject and Edit Published Content option enabled will be able to reject published content.