This article is for Account Owners and Project Managers.
Smartling’s Jobs Automation tool allows you to schedule content to be automatically batched into a job based upon a simple set of rules, and you can choose whether you want to automatically authorize the job for translation.
Jobs automation is only compatible for cases and projects where content is not automatically authorized for translation (e.g. by using a Connector or API integration). Global Delivery Network projects are an ideal candidate for Jobs Automation.
In order to set up Jobs Automation, you should go to Project Settings > Jobs Automation. Select the button to Create Rule.
You are required to complete some information in order to set up the job automation rule:
- Job Name (required): Smartling will use your preferred job naming convention each time a new job is created.
- Job Description: Give your job a meaningful description for translators.
- Schedule (required): Decide when you want the job to be created and frequency
- Content: Toggle this on if you want to include or exclude for a particular File name (if a Files project) or URL (if a GDN project). Note if you leave this toggle off, Smartling will capture all new content into the job.
- Languages: Choose the languages to be captured into the job.
- Authorize for Translation: If you want to automatically authorize the job for translation, toggle this to On.
- Due Date: Decide on the Due Date for your Job according to content volumes. You should keep in mind your Translation Provider’s standard turnaround times for translation.
- Notifications: Enter the email address of any people who you would like to receive a notification once the job is created. The users do not need to have a Smartling account to receive this.
Once you hit Save your rule will be Enabled.
If you wish to run Jobs Automation prior to the scheduled time, you can click on the Play sign under Actions. From Actions you can also Delete or Edit the rule at any time. If you wish to temporarily disable the rule, change the Status toggle to Off.
Each time the Job Rule runs the Last Run date will update to the most recent time.