This article is for Account Owners and Project Managers.
A glossary is a tool for ensuring consistency in terminology. Adding details to a term can improve quality and efficiency.
Create a Glossary
- Click Assets > Glossaries.
- Click Create Glossary. The Create New Glossary dialog box will appear.
- Enter a name for your glossary. (This must be unique and should not already exist as an asset.)
- Select a source language.
- You can optionally add a description for your glossary.
- Click Create Glossary.
Your glossary will appear in the list of available glossaries.
Assign Glossary to a Linguistic Package
Now that you have added your glossary to Smartling, you can assign it to one or more linguistic packages.
- Click Assets > Linguistic Packages.
- In the Actions column, click the pencil icon to edit the package for which you wish to add your new glossary. The Edit Linguistic Package screen will appear.
- Select Required Assets.
- In the Glossaries field, type the name of your glossary.
- Click Save Changes.
You can also manage your glossaries via the Smartling API. See here for more information.