This article is for Account Owners and Project Managers.
Smartling allows you to download translated files, individually, or as multiple files all at once. You can also download your file by specific language if not all languages are needed.
Download Translated Files
- Go to Content > Files and click the checkbox for each file you'd like to download.
- Click the Actions drop down menu and select Download Selected.
- Select a download option then click Download. Download options include:
- Original file: This is an exact copy of the uploaded source file.
- Pseudo translations: Contains source strings with added characters where translations would apply.
- Instrumented file for context: This is a modified version of the original file with each string wrapped in invisible unicode characters generated from the string's hashcode.
- Current translations: This contains all of the current saved translations for the file regardless of the workflow step in which the string is located.
- Published translations only: All published translations, including pre-published translations.
- Pre-published strings are still not yet complete but will be recognized as published when downloaded or on a GDN site. Pre-publishing is useful if you want to get translations live as soon as possible but still want the option to edit them later before the translation is finalized.
Download Translated Files by Language
- Go to Content > Files and click on the file.
- You’ll see a list of files by language. Click Download on the language of your choice and select your download option.