This article is for Translators and Editors.
Customize your CAT tool preferences to make it easier and faster to complete your work.
Customize your keyboard shortcuts to mimic those of your favorite offline CAT tool, or create brand new ones to help you navigate Smartling faster.
- Go to CAT tool > Settings > Keyboard Preferences.
- Select a profile from the Keyboard Shortcut Profile drop down list, or enter your shortcuts into the fields and click Save Changes.
A shortcut can only be applied to one command. If you try to apply a shortcut that is already assigned, you will receive a warning message. The warning message will give you the opportunity to select a different shortcut or override the existing one. If you choose to override it, the previous shortcut will be erased and you will need to assign it a new and unique keyboard shortcut.
General CAT Tool Preferences
In addition to keyboard shortcuts, you can customize your translation and display options, as well as font.
- Go to CAT tool > Settings > Preferences.
- Translation Options: Decide whether you want to allow 100% translation memory matches to pre-populate within the CAT tool. If you turn this setting on, you can adjust the TM score percentage, for example 90% instead of 100%.
- Display Options:
- Show tag values: Turn this on to enable an expanded view of the code. A simplified view makes it is easier to read the content because it hides the code within the CAT tool.
- Show spaces in between words: By turning this option on, a grey dot will appear to indicate a space between words.
- Editor Settings: Change the default font option to your preferred font.
- Click Save.
Sometimes you may see underlined words in the CAT tool, suggesting that there's a spelling error, when in fact, there isn't. Adding those words to the personal dictionary, that you know are correctly spelled, prevents them from appearing as a spelling error. Terms added to the personal dictionary will only be visible to you.
To add a term to the personal dictionary:
- Go to CAT tool > Settings > Personal Dictionary.
- Type in the word and click Add.
- Click X next to the term you want to delete.
- Click Save.