There are several ways you can customize your CAT Tool preferences to make it easier - and faster for you to complete your work. The different customization options are listed below:
Customize your keyboard shortcuts to mimic those of your favorite offline CAT tool or create brand new ones to help you navigate Smartling faster. Follow these simple steps to set your preferences.
- Launch the CAT Tool -> Settings -> Keyboard Preferences
- Use the dropdown to apply the offline CAT tool of your choice or configure your Smartling keyboard profile
- If customizing your Smartling settings, enter your preferred command next to each field and hit Save Changes once complete
- NOTE: A shortcut can only be applied to one command. If you try to apply a shortcut that is already assigned, you will receive a warning message. The warning message will give you the opportunity to select a different shortcut or override the existing one. If you choose to override it, the previous shortcut will be erased and you will need to assign it a new and unique keyboard shortcut
In addition to keyboard shortcuts, you can customize your Translation & Display options and Editor Settings.
Go to CAT Tool -> Settings -> Preferences
- Translate Options: Decide whether you want to allow 100% translation memory matches to pre-populate within the CAT tool. If you turn this setting ON, you can adjust the TM score % if desired ie. set it to 90% instead of 100%
- Display Options:
- Show tag values - Turning this ON will enable an expanded view of the code. A 'simple' view makes it is easier to read the copy because it hides the code within the CAT tool
- Show spaces in between words - By turning this option ON, grey dots will appear to indicate a space between words
- Editor Settings: Change the font default option of Google Noto to your preferred font from the options in the 'Font Family' dropdown
- Hit SAVE once you are all set with your Preferences
Personal Dictionary: If you often see words that are underlined indicating a spelling error, but you know that this is not the case, then having a personal dictionary is the solution for you. The words that are added will no longer appear as spelling errors and the terms added will only be visible to you.
- To add terms to your Personal Dictionary go to CAT Tool -> Settings -> Personal Dictionary
- Type in the word and click the Add button
- To remove a term, hit the X next to the term you want to delete
- Hit Save once complete