This article is for Account Owners and Project Managers.
You can generate a cost estimate for your translation project. Each cost estimate takes into account the rates to which your translation vendors have agreed; any translation memory leverage; and repeated content within the project itself.
Estimate by Job
If you've packaged your content into a job, you can generate a cost estimate for that job.
- On the left navigation click Content>Jobs, a list of available jobs will show.
- Find the job you want to estimate then click More>Estimate.
- A side panel will open, click Create Estimate; make sure you have the correct workflow for the estimate, as the default for each language will appear.
- Click Estimate
- The estimate will show up in the same box under the Previous Estimates for your review.
Estimate via List View
If your content has not been packaged into a job, you can generate a cost estimate for a specific set of strings to be translated.
- Navigate to your Project in Smartling
- On the left navigation select Content>Translations
- Select the Awaiting Authorization queue via the drop-down at the top left of the page.
- Click the box to select the strings you want to estimate
- After strings are selected click Actions>Estimate.
- A side panel will open, click Create Estimate, select the languages you'd like the estimate for or Select All Languages then click Estimate.
- The estimate will show up in the same box under Previous Estimates for your review.