This article is for Account Owners and Project Managers.
In most cases, visual context is captured automatically with content coming from the Global Delivery Network (GDN). In some cases, the GDN is not able to capture visual context automatically, for example:
- If you have a web application.
- Content that appears based on user interaction (i.e., filling out a form or logging in).
To improve visual context coverage, the Chrome browser extension allows you to visit a page and upload context.
To use the Smartling Context Capture Chrome Extension, follow these steps:
- Once the extension is installed, you should have the Smartling Context Capture icon in your browser toolbar.
- Click the icon and a wait a moment. A snapshot of the page will be generated and you will see a Smartling banner at the top of the page.
- Click the Click here to login button. The Sign in to Smartling dialog box will appear.
- Once you login, click the drop down and select the project you wish to send context to.
- Click Send. A status screen with additional information, including the number of strings that were updated with context, will appear.
Want to automate context capture using the Smartling Context Capture Chrome Extension? Check out our Developer guide.