This article is for Account Owners and Project Managers.
You are able to provide contextual information to allow translators to work faster and more accurately. Context helps translators make linguistic decisions based on where a term appears on your website. It also allows them to account for layout and space restrictions in their translations.
The Chrome Context Capture Extension can capture context from your source language website. To use the Smartling Context Capture Chrome Extension, follow these steps:
- Once the extension is installed, you should have the Smartling Context Capture icon in your browser toolbar.
- Click the icon and wait a moment. A snapshot of the page will be generated and you will see a Smartling banner at the top of the page.
- Click the Click here to login button. The Sign in to Smartling dialog box will appear.
- Once you login, click the drop down and select the project you wish to send context to.
- Click Send. A status screen with additional information, including the number of strings that were updated with context, will appear.
If you are a GDN user, please check out Capturing Context with the Global Delivery network.
Want to automate context capture using the Smartling Context Capture Chrome Extension? Check out our Developer guide.